Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Exciting News

I woke up at 3:30 in the morning on Friday, April 30th and couldn't sleep. I was recounting the events of the day and feeling bad for my horrible attitude at the store. I was incredibly moody, bossy, and just not myself all day. When I got home, it wasn't much better, and I had to control my anger at Dan and how loudly he seemed to be breathing. I knew something wasn't right and knew in an instant that morning that I was pregnant. I was feeling the same way I did right before I found out I was pregnant with Grace. I got up and took a test (when you're trying, you keep these things in stock) and sure enough, I got a very quick and visible positive sign. I was shocked, crying, excited, and trying to come up with a great way to tell Dan since he was with me when we found out with Grace and I didn't have that opportunity. I was pacing back and forth and heard Dan call my name.
"Ashley?"
"Wake up, I'm pregnant." So much for a great way to announce the news!
"What?"
"You heard me, get in here! I'm freaking out!"
It is important to note that while we have been wanting another baby since October, we agreed that April would be the month we weren't going to try. For those of you who don't know, I bought the Lubbock Bridal Faire with a partner and it occurs once a year in January. Guess when the baby would be due? January. Needless to say, I was a little stressed. I had done the math and knew that my due date would be the week before the show. I suppose our way to get pregnant is to say, "as long as we don't get pregnant in April..."
After Dan calmed me down, we started to get excited and tried to go back to sleep, being as it was 4:15 in the morning. We told his parents and my family on Sunday the 2nd. We have been waiting to say much else until after our second sonogram on June 2nd. The first sonogram was May 17th and the doctors think it was too early because we couldn't see the baby. Hopefully we will see our sweet pumpkin and hear that perfect little heartbeat in a week and then finally send everyone over to the new site to start celebrating with us!
Oh my, friends, we are going to be a family of four! Woohoo!

The first test...
The second test...
and the third, just to be sure! Does every woman do this or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment